Benoît Badiashile’s proposed move to Napoli appears to be entering its final stages, although contract approval and other formalities remain before the transfer is complete.
Badiashile move awaits final formalities
According to TuttoMercatoWeb, which cited Fabrizio Romano, Napoli and Chelsea had reached a verbal basis for an agreement and were working through the remaining formal steps. The report said Badiashile could travel to Italy for his medical once the contracts had been approved.

The same account said the player’s travel and medical were expected within 48 hours of contract approval. It also said the transfer remained subject to the final bureaucratic details, rather than being officially complete.
Sky Sport has reported that the agreement between Napoli and Chelsea is finalised, with Badiashile expected to travel to Naples on Tuesday, August 18. However, it had not been determined whether he would undergo his medical immediately or whether it would take a few more hours to arrange.
The reported deal is a paid loan worth €3 million, with an option to buy set at €27 million and no bonuses included in that structure. Chelsea have reportedly agreed to send Badiashile to Napoli on loan for the 2026-27 season, with the option for a permanent move next summer.
Exit follows squad omissions
Badiashile was excluded from Chelsea’s matchday squad for each of the club’s final eight Premier League games of last season and was also omitted from the pre-season tour squad. Chelsea had initially sought a permanent sale but accepted Napoli’s preferred loan proposal to remove the defender from their books for the season.
The move is close, but it is not official. Contract approval, travel and the medical remain part of the process before either club can confirm the transfer.

Live Comments
Welcome to our Live Comments section, where new comments will appear automatically
Add a Comment